The Petbull Place!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Petbull Place!

Community for APBTs,AmStaffs,Staffies and American Bullies

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SUPER DOGS!!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tombaughs Pits
Allstar
Allstar
Tombaughs Pits

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2007-04-11

SUPER DOGS!!! Empty
PostSubject: SUPER DOGS!!!   SUPER DOGS!!! Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2007 12:50 am

Ok now this has really gotten my attention! I want a super dog, and I realize that its gonna be alot of hard work and time...but I was wondering if the UKC or ADBA required all of the things listed below, I looked on the sites but must of over looked something cause I cant find nothing posted about obedience trials.

This was from the AKC, which I'm not fond of...I like the UKC out of all of the registeries (SP)

NOVICE - For the dog just getting started in obedience. Exercises include:
Heel on Leash and Figure Eight - show whether the dog has leamed to watch its handler and adjust its pace to stay with the handler.
Heel Free - done off leash.
Stand for Examination - is of great benefit when the dog needs hands-on care by a veterinarian.
Recall - provides the handler with the ability to call the dog and get an immediate response at all times.
Long Sit (1 minute) - allows the handler to have control of the dog when visitors come to the home.
Long Down (3 minutes) - dog must remain in a down position.

OPEN - The second level includes more complicated exercises, which teach the dog to do a variety of tasks and to follow commands either by voice or signal. Exercises include:
Heel Free and Figure Eight - Same as Novice, but off leash.
Drop on Recall - can be a lifesaving command for a dog, since it gives the handler control in poten-tially dangerous situations.
Retrieve on Flat
Retrieve Over High Jump
Broad Jump
Long Sit (3 minutes) - similar to the long sit in Novice, but the position must be held for a longer period of time with the handler out of the dog's sight.
Long Down (5 minutes) - dog must remain in a down position.

UTILITY - The third and highest level of obedience competition. Exercises include:
Signal Exercise - shows the dog's ability to under-stand and correctly respond to the handler's signal to stand, stay, down, sit and come. No voice com-mands are given; only hand signals are allowed.
Scent Discrimination - shows the dog's ability to find the handler's scent among a pile of articles.
Directed Retrieve - proves the dog's ability to follow a directional signal to retrieve a glove and promptly return it to the handler.
Moving Stand and Examination - the dog must heel, stand and stay as the handler moves away. The dog must stay and accept an examination by the judge and return to the handler on command.
Directed Jumping - the dog must go away from the handler, turn and sit. Then, the dog must clear whichever jump its handler indicates and promptly return to the handler.
Back to top Go down
http://www.TombaughsPits.com
bahamutt99

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2007-05-01

SUPER DOGS!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SUPER DOGS!!!   SUPER DOGS!!! Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2007 1:47 pm

The UKC Superdog is an informal title. (The ADBA doesn't offer Superdog.) Your dog gets dubbed a Superdog if he has titles in: conformation, weight pull, agility, and obedience.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/bahamutt99/index.htm
Tombaughs Pits
Allstar
Allstar
Tombaughs Pits

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2007-04-11

SUPER DOGS!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SUPER DOGS!!!   SUPER DOGS!!! Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2007 3:39 pm

Thats all of them together right?
Back to top Go down
http://www.TombaughsPits.com
bahamutt99

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2007-05-01

SUPER DOGS!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SUPER DOGS!!!   SUPER DOGS!!! Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2007 1:17 pm

Yeah, you have to have a title in each category. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/bahamutt99/index.htm
Sponsored content

SUPER DOGS!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SUPER DOGS!!!   SUPER DOGS!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SUPER DOGS!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Petbull Place! :: Dog Discussions :: Training-
Jump to: